So I had a very busy day preparing my revell tiger I refurb project. This kit was one of the last off the production line in my teen years. Notice the awkward camo scheme.
After I scrapped off the track links on the turret side the process was ready to begin… Note that I didn’t try to remove the decals or paint as they will be mostly covered by the Zimmerit.
First you want to combine the two compounds provided in the miliput package to make the epoxy. Make sure to use equal portions of each.
Take a very small portion of the epoxy and roll it in your fingers to create a small cylinder. Place this cylinder on a piece of wax paper as shown below.
Roll the expoy into a very thin sheet and be careful when peeling the sheet back from the piece of wax paper.
Next place the thin sheet of epoxy on the side of the model and press it down to position it. There should be excess folds hanging over the edge. (Tip: only do one complete side at a time and let cure before moving on).
Now wet your finger in water and gently run it over the epoxy to smoothly down and work out any ridges.
Trim the edges with an exacto knife and make sure to dip the blade in water for a smooth cut.
Use a tool, I used a cut flat tooth pick to create the ridges in the epoxy.
Here I have finished the two hull sides…. More to come in the next post.